Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Few Favorite Things

For the last few years at the end of December I reflect back and come up with some things that I discovered during the last twelve months that I love.  Here is my list of things for 2012...

City Creek-Whenever I go there I feel like I am stepping out of Utah.  There is an energy there (and in all of downtown) that I love.

Daily Closer to Christ Blog- Reading this blog lifts my spirits and inspires me to be better.

Spilling the Beans-A super healthy cookbook I bought at Costco.  It has made me a believer that you can make most anything with beans in it.

Quinoa-It's hard to describe, but I feel so healthy when I use it in a recipe.

Greek Yogurt-Another food I feel healthy eating and it's yummy!  Not the plain though, it needs honey or something to sweeten it up.

Clinique Chubby Sticks-Color and moisturizer all-in-one. Make-up usually doesn't excite me, but I have several of these. One in my purse, makeup bag, church bag, etc.

Downton Abbey-I don't remember how I heard about this show, but it's addicting.  I have even gotten Ray hooked.

Stone Ground Bakery- My friend told me about this bread store.  They sell overruns of the bread they make for restaurants for $2 a loaf!  In my opinion the best is their rustic sourdough, but you have to get there as soon as they open to get a loaf or it's gone.

Memory Grove-Being right in the city, yet not. A morning walk there is my favorite way to start the day.

Sur la table Cooking Classes (the ones taught by Lesli)-One of the best things I did all year!  Can't wait to do it again and take Heather or a friend.

Amazon Prime-Free two-day shipping! What's not to love?

Blue Lemon-Simple, but yummy.  It is our go to restaurant when we are in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment