Friday, March 23, 2012

Anticipation


We may have set a record. Mitch’s mission call arrived in our mailbox on March 14th. Because he’s been travelling, Ray and I have been travelling, work, school, meetings, etc. we have not been able to meet up with him until today. I wonder if anyone has ever waited NINE DAYS to open a mission call.


Now, I was the obedient child who never peaked at a Christmas present (not sure if it was lack of desire, or believing that my parents would follow through with their threat of returning the gifts if I snooped). But not opening this mission call was killing me. I wanted to peak. The envelope had a window so I shook it around to see what might show through and then I held it up to the light. I compared the thickness to the mission booklet that came with our other son’s call.  I was told you could determine if a call was state side by checking the amount of postage, so I searched Google to see if I could find anything on what $1.70 might mean. Finally, realizing this was all senseless, we made our predictions and then waited, and waited, and waited.


He's going to New York Utica on June 27th!
Needless to say, we are all thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment