Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I voted, I really did


I did not go to the polls today.  Instead I cast my ballot by mail a few weeks ago and it feels kind of strange.  Our county changed to mail only voting this election.  What is really strange about this is that it seems out here in the Basin we are usually a little behind the times.  Not this time.  Duchesne County is the FIRST in Utah to implement mail-in voting for all voters.  It's really strange to be first.

They say it will save our county thousands of dollars.  They say voter turn out will be much higher.  I say that's great. 

I didn't mind not voting in person because marking my ballot at home gave me a chance to look at the ballot a little more closely rather than getting to the booth and finding things on the ballot that I didn't even know we were voting for.  It happens.  I also didn't mind because it saved me some time that I would have spent standing in what probably would have been a very long line.

I am a little embarrassed to admit that I am sort of missing getting an "I Voted" sticker.  Maybe the county should enclose an "I Voted by Mail" sticker with the ballot when they mail them out next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment