Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring has Sprung


It has been spring break here.  Seems like it's been spring break for a month or more, depending on the school you are thinking about.  When I was in school, and especially teaching school, I loved spring break.  Even though spring break, for us, doesn't have anything to do with school any more, I love it for other reasons.  After all who doesn't like spring and who doesn't like a break?  It just sounds so nice.

I was thinking the other day how happy I was that  the sun was shining and that the wind wasn't blowing.  It made me smile to wake up and hear birds, and I have enjoyed seeing the neighbor kids out playing in their yard.

As much as I enjoy spring, it also sets me into a bit of a panic.  Springtime means projects.  House cleaning, window washing, fertilizing, pruning, trying to decide if we are going to plant a garden this year, etc.  And it seems before we can even settle into spring our summer is booked!  How does that happen?

I've had a lot of time to think about my love hate relationship with spring while I have been out pruning the never ending bushes and trees in our yard.   Funny thing, what started off as a job I was dreading turned out to be somewhat satisfying.  So I got to thinking, I must figure out a way to enjoy this journey through springtime a little more.  At that moment I decided rather than focusing on how much there is to do, I should take inventory on how much I've done.  This little adjustment in my mind has done wonders for me and I has made it so I can hardly wait to get another project checked off my list and be a step closer to being able to relax and enjoy the outdoors.

I hope I don't drive Ray crazy when he gets home and I drag him to see each cupboard, closet, and shelf  that I've uncluttered, cleaned, and organized.   

Now I just need to get the basin weather to cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment