Friday, April 20, 2012

Too Much Time on my Hands?

Spring is officially here!

Ray has been out of town this week.  He left a few days ago and will return tonight.  This is not that unusual, as he has always had a busy career and over the years has spent many, many days traveling for work.   The difference is, that since Mitch left home last summer, I have pretty much accompanied him.  We quickly adjusted to this and found that we really enjoy our time on the road together.  This time I couldn’t go, and we’ve missed each other…a lot.  


So what’s a girl to do while her man is gone?  I indulged in one of my guilty pleasures and bought the just released Train album on iTunes, cranked up my iPod, and...cleaned.  Not just ordinary cleaning, but some serious spring cleaning.  I searched online, found a spring cleaning checklist, and went to town.  I cleaned things that may never have been cleaned before, inside and out.  Even though it won't stay that way for long, it feels really good to have a house that is so sparkling clean.


I am not sure what this says about my personality, but when I find myself home alone and there is no one to cater to, instead of kicking up my heels and doing something fun, I choose to go into a cleaning frenzy.  It’s a good thing he’s coming home tonight, because I’m exhausted!

1 comment:

  1. How come your cleaning gene didn't get passed to me?! ;) someday I will have a house as clean as you!

    ReplyDelete